JACKSON ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION
MANAGER EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATION
CORPORATE OFFICE, JEFFERSON
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Jackson EMC has a high interest in priority referrals of protected veterans for our job openings.
This posting is to fill one vacancy
POSITION OBJECTIVES: To manage a proactive, comprehensive employee communication program, across department/district lines, and throughout the organization that demonstrates cooperative values, supports the cooperative’s mission and helps achieve the cooperative’s vision; to develop and implement effective employee communication strategy to support cooperative strategic planning, inform/educate employees on cooperative activities and industry issues; to coordinate communications messaging across all employee communication outlets; to evaluate effectiveness of employee communication channels, providing recommendations for continuous improvement and implementing those recommendations.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICIATIONS:
EDUCATION: Require Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, or Communication. Prefer undergraduate curriculum including courses in liberal arts, business administration, psychology, and sociology.
EXPERIENCE: Require five (5) years of responsible experience in the field of journalistic writing, editing, intranet management, photography, and public relations with business or industry. Prefer experience in employee communication with a service type organization, particularly in the field of rural electrification.
KNOWLEDGE: Require working knowledge of principles and practices in the areas of journalistic writing, strategic employee communication, and employee recognition. Require working knowledge of photography, CMS and associated software applications. Require understanding of general business management principles, communication evaluation, electronic communication and strategic communications planning.
SKILLS: Require effective leadership skills, excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to work in a team environment. Require ability to plan, develop, manage and evaluate a strategic employee communication effort using most effective applications. Require ability to strategize employee communications messages, plan and produce comprehensive employee communications materials. Require ability to develop and carry out effective media relations relative to the Cooperative and its programs. Require ability to plan and manage employee communications research and develop recommendations for continuous improvement. Require ability to pursue a continuous program of self-development both inside and outside of work hours in furthering his/her knowledge to develop in the job and accept increasing responsibilities.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND CONDITIONS:
Reports to: Director, Public Relations & Communications
Directs: Employee Communication Representative
Internal: Actively participates within the Cooperative team environment to develop supportive relationships essential to the success of the functions of this position, achieving the results expected and encouraging throughout the organization the concepts of teamwork and cooperative spirit.
External: Develops and maintains supportive relationships with employees/supervisors, the general public, and other external contacts to assure positive results.
This position is primarily sedentary work; requires visual acuity in machine operation with inspection; requires ability to hear, talk, and perform repetitive motions; and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The following are the essential duties of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the needs of Jackson Electric Membership Corporation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment document.
1. Provide proactive employee communication counsel, collaboration and tactics for cooperative initiatives impacting employee, supervisor and retiree audiences; provide employee communication guidance, support and expertise for the development and implementation of cooperative programs and objectives; develop and manage communication plans.
2. Develop monthly message content plan for internal channels.
3. Develop and proactively manage the company’s intranet, http://jtoday.jacksonemc.com, to effectively provide employees up-to-date information on cooperative activities, business developments and industry issues; communicate the cooperative’s strategic planning process; recognize employee activities and involvement; foster an understanding of department/district interrelation; promote cooperative pride and commitment and reinforce the cooperative’s values.
4. Develop and proactively manage the company’s monthly newsletter, Jemclips, to effectively provide employees, retirees and board members up-to-date information on cooperative activities, business developments and industry issues; communicate the cooperative’s strategic planning process; recognize employee activities and involvement; foster an understanding of department/district interrelation; promote cooperative pride and commitment; provide avenues for employee feedback; and reinforce the cooperative’s values.
5. Research, develop and produce, in cooperation with Human Resources & Employee Development, supervisor communication for information support, as well as leadership skills and values reinforcement.
6. Research, develop and produce, in cooperative with Strategic Planning & Analysis, an electronic newsletter updating employees on the strategic planning process, strategic initiatives, departmental projects, and initiative/project status.
7. Supervise development and creation of Jemclips and J Today content, employee/retiree meeting coordination, employee orientation presentation updates, retiree Facebook content, internal digital display content, employee email newsletter and employee photo contest.
8. Plan and manage ongoing research to evaluate use of employee communication channels and messaging effectiveness; make recommendations for continuous improvement; research and evaluate new employee communication channels and make recommendations for new outlets/mechanisms.
9. Research, develop, implement and administer program to recognize and reward employee demonstration of cooperative values, and contribution to achieving cooperative mission and vision.
10. Develop, implement and manage, in cooperation with Human Resources & Employee Development, an Employee Recognition and Rewards program that supports the cooperative’s Values, Mission and Vision.
11. Possess working knowledge of and utilize CMS and social media platforms, photographic and publication design software, and any other applicable programs.
12. Supervise external vendors supporting these activities.
13. Develop and administer a budget to support these activities.
14. Attend job training and safety meetings as required or directed.
15. Be familiar with and follow the best safety practices set forth in the Cooperative’s Safety Manual.
16. Actively participate in community and chamber of commerce activities as directed.
17. Attend and participate in Annual Meeting as required or directed.
18. Perform such other duties as may be required or directed.
Jackson EMC is Equal Opportunity Employer