JACKSON ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION
Strategic Planning Analyst
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND ANALYTICS
CORPORATE OFFICE, JEFFERSON
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Jackson EMC has a high interest in priority referrals of protected veterans for our job openings. There is one (1) full-time opening
This position works Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and occasional evenings and weekends
POSITION OBJECTIVES: To manage the development, implementation, evaluation, and improvement of the strategic planning process for the Strategic Planning and Analytics Department, including collaboration with all business units to identify and assist in the development of short- and long-term goals and strategic objectives; to identify, analyze, and monitor cooperative initiatives; to work with business units to determine business requirements and priorities including recommending strategic alternatives and developing and maintaining departmental plans; to provide support in business analytics, rate tracking and planning, and risk mitigation strategies; to provide leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation, and communication in a team oriented environment in accordance with the vision, mission, and values of the Cooperative.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
EDUCATION: Require Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or related field. Prefer Graduate Degree with course work in strategy, project management, forecasting, or finance. Prefer CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) Certification and/or PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification.
EXPERIENCE: Require a minimum of the most recent three (3) years progressive experience in a related field of strategic planning, strategy execution, analytical research, planning and managing projects, financial decision making, forecasting or related experience. Require experience with managing projects, facilitating groups, identifying initiatives, organizing and prioritizing objectives. Require experience in team leadership, coordination and collaboration. Prefer experience with budgeting, financial analysis, planning and financial forecasting. Prefer exposure to, or previous experience with, management consulting or changes in business strategy or processes.
KNOWLEDGE: Require a working knowledge of the principles and practices in the areas of business and management including strategic planning, resource allocation, and leadership techniques. Require knowledge of strategic planning principles and deployment and process improvement techniques. Require demonstrated ability to interpret business needs and understand how to formulate initiatives, projects, and timelines to enable business process improvement. Must possess knowledge of effective negotiation, decision making and strong problem solving involving identifying the root cause of problems, assessing risks/impacts and determining and implementing effective solutions.
SKILLS: Require effective leadership skills, excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to work in a team environment. Require excellent research, organizational, project management, decision making and time management skills. Must possess analytical, problem solving, constructive planning, and organizing skills. Require the ability to handle, interpret and translate complex business problems; ability to incorporate best practices and innovation into project recommendations and the ability to write, review, and present final reports to all levels of the organization. Require the ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work across multiple disciplines and a broad variety of personnel. Require the skills to work in a continually changing, customer-focused environment, and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional organization.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND CONDITIONS:
Reports to Vice President of Strategic Planning and Analytics
Internal: Actively participates within the Cooperative team environment to develop supportive relationships essential to the success of the functions of this position and to the overall Cooperative spirit.
External: Develops and maintains supportive relationships with member/consumers, the general public, and other external contacts to assure positive results.
This position is primarily sedentary work; requires visual acuity in machine operation with inspection; requires ability to hear, talk, and perform repetitive motions; and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The following are the essential duties of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the needs of Jackson Electric Membership Corporation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment document.
1. Support company leaders in the development, management, and execution of key strategic initiatives across the Cooperative to drive our overall corporate strategy and achieve our Vision, Mission and Values.
2. Collaborate with the Vice President of Strategic Planning and Analytics to facilitate the development of strategic initiatives for the Cooperative with the Leadership Team and the Board of Directors.
3. Conduct specialized research, interviews, process mapping and analysis to evaluate current business strategies, identify growth and productivity opportunities, and improve existing capabilities. Initiate and assist leadership with the development of project standards, process improvements, efficiencies, and related activities.
4. Articulate the Cooperative’s strategic plan clearly and concisely, internally and externally so that employees, partners, suppliers and contractors understand the plan and how it maps to overall goals.
5. Communicate and engage with all departments to understand and analyze department-specific data and is available to offer recommendations based on the analysis.
6. Support cross-functional project teams to manage and execute high-value initiatives. Facilitate and support cross-departmental and departmental project teams for business unit strategic initiatives.
7. Assists in defining project objectives, leading qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, and synthesizing key findings and implications.
8. Manage the progress of Corporate strategic initiative teams. Partner with the leadership team, special committees and consultants to support the execution of key strategic initiatives.
9. Create, analyze, document and communicate project key findings and status updates regularly to project team members, Leadership Team, Board of Directors and leadership across the organization as appropriate.
10. Assist in organizational reviews to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to evaluate organizational effectiveness. Stays well-informed to identify areas of focus for risk assessments and impact analysis as it relates to company initiatives and emerging industry trends. Make recommendations based on emerging trends, opportunities, competitive threats, viability of outside business partners, and internal business process improvement.
11. Maintain knowledge, understanding and the application of project analysis involving assessing risks and impacts to business including screening potential and proposed business opportunities and analyzing the strategic, operating and financial impact while considering technology, market structures, strategies, opportunities, risks, industry benchmarks, project requirements and cost benefit potential.
12. Manage, coordinate, and facilitate multiple projects concurrently while ensuring that initiatives, department milestones, and goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Lead, monitor and maintain project schedules involving coordination and partnership with multiple departments.
13. Advance techniques to measure the performance of the Cooperative’s strategic innovation and strategic planning process including overseeing the strategy execution and tracking system and issue monthly reports on performance.
14. Ensures that the CFO and the Vice President of Strategic Planning and Analytics are consistently informed of divisional projects and other major developments in order to facilitate the overall management and communication functions of the Cooperative.
15. Ensures familiarity with and follows the best safety practices set forth in the Cooperative’s Safety Manual.
16. Attend and participate in annual meeting as required or directed.17. Perform such other duties as may be required or directed.
Qualified candidates should attach resumes, along with salary history and expectations.Jackson EMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer