JACKSON ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANOPERATION SUPPORT SERVICESJefferson Corporate
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Jackson EMC has a high interest in priority referrals of protected veterans for our job openings. There is one (1) Full Time opening
POSITION OBJECTIVES: To provide for the efficient repair, maintenance, and care of the headquarters plant facilities, equipment, and grounds, thus providing for the clean, neat appearance of the headquarters facility and helping to ensure a safe and efficient work environment; and consistently work and communicate in a team-oriented environment in accordance with the Cooperative’s mission, vision, and values.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
EDUCATION: Require high school diploma or equivalent. Prefer an unrestricted electrician’s license issued by the state of Georgia. Require acquisition of such license within two years of hire date. Require completion of additional vocational course work in building maintenance engineering as well as facility systems such as heating and air conditioning.
EXPERIENCE: Require a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in building maintenance under the direction of a licensed electrician. Prefer experience in heating and air conditioning.
KNOWLEDGE: Require a working knowledge of the principles related to the duties including: the basics of building maintenance engineering, electrical wiring, building construction, fundamentals of heating and air conditioning, and applicable electrical and building codes. Must be willing to pursue a continuous program of self-development both inside and outside of work hours in furthering his/her knowledge to develop in the job and accept increasing responsibilities.
SKILLS: Require effective leadership skills, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work in a team environment. Require the ability to carry out an efficient building maintenance program including: servicing and repairing the heating and air conditioning system; and the building electrical system, including the standby generator, and providing sound building maintenance construction repair and janitorial services.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND CONDITIONS:
Reports to: Building Maintenance Supervisor
Internal: Actively participates within the Cooperative team environment to develop supportive relationships essential to the success of the functions of this position, achieving the results expected and encouraging throughout the organization the concepts of teamwork and cooperative spirit.
External: Develops and maintains supportive relationships with member/consumers, the general public, and other external contacts to assure positive results.
This position is medium work; requires visual acuity in machine operation with inspection; requires repetitive motions, grasping, pulling, pushing, walking, reaching, crouching, stooping, climbing, and is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
The following are the essential duties of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the needs of Jackson Electric Membership Corporation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment document.
1. Provide for the scheduled maintenance of plant electrical and mechanical equipment including periodic inspection and lubrication as required.
2. Perform or arrange for necessary technical repairs of plant electrical and mechanical equipment.
3. Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the layout and design of various building systems, including but not limited to: electrical system, heating and air conditioning system, water system, security system, and other related plant systems.
4. Maintain and inspect plant protection and security devices including building fire extinguishers, alarms, and related devices.
5. Perform the required maintenance and care of the headquarters buildings and grounds including the repair and routine maintenance of driveways, restrooms, carpets, windows, lighting, shrubbery, lawns, and related items as required or directed.
6. Service and change air filters on heating and cooling equipment based on established schedule.
7. Provide emergency electrical power to headquarters buildings and facilities as required. Properly maintain standby electrical generators.
8. Possess a working knowledge of all department and Cooperative policies and procedures which affect the building maintenance section.
9. Provide work directions and training for personnel assigned to the maintenance section as required or directed.
10. Submit suggestions to the supervisor concerning improvements in plant maintenance work procedures and methods.
11. Attend special meetings and training sessions as required or directed.
12. Be familiar with and at all times follow the best safety practices set forth in the Cooperative's Safety Manual.
13. Attend and participate in the annual meeting as required or directed.
14. Perform such other duties as may be required or directed.