JACKSON ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION
Residential Energy AdvisorMarketing, Member Services, & Governmental Affairs
To provide the coordination, tracking, and implementation of marketing programs related to energy efficiency and energy management in the home, including member education, building member relations, and program engagement; to promote and sell the Cooperative’s programs, products, and services to residential customers and trade allies such as realtors, HVAC and insulation contractors, developers, and builders; to maintain active contacts and participation with assigned youth and school groups, civic and community organizations, community leaders, and professional trade ally organizations; to be the energy expert for our members and assigned stakeholders, and take ownership of these responsibilities in the community served; to communicate and participate in a team oriented environment in accordance with the mission and values of the Cooperative.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
EDUCATION: Require Bachelor’s Degree with courses in liberal arts, building science, and/or engineering. Prefer undergraduate curriculum with course work in economics, accounting, business management/administration, marketing, building science, communication and/or digital media engagement. Require proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as general computer skills and navigation capabilities. Specialized education courses in HVAC fundamentals, building science and energy performance, and electricity will be required within six months of appointment to the position.
EXPERIENCE: Require a minimum of two years full-time, progressive experience in residential marketing, sales, and energy efficiency program implementation, preferably with an electrical utility. Require experience in the function of residential rate related home/farm/church energy usage; energy efficiency program implementation, sales, and tracking; and goal setting related to budgeting and tracking performance. Require experience in working with Microsoft Outlook and general computer skills
KNOWLEDGE: Require a working knowledge of residential energy usage and business development, as well as sales strategies and techniques as pertains to residential members and trade ally stakeholders. Requires technical knowledge and experience necessary to coordinate and provide technical assistance for residential loads. Require a working knowledge of residential building energy efficiency, to include Building Performance Institute certifications and electric heating technologies, and Air Conditioning Contractors of America certification programs. Require the ability to pursue a continuous program of self-development both inside and outside of work hours in furthering his/her knowledge to develop in the job and accept increasing responsibilities.
SKILLS: Require effective leadership skills, excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to work in a team environment. Require effective leadership skills and the ability to work in a team environment. Require the ability to cooperate, perform, and contribute to the department's goal of providing service to the total organization. Require the ability to attend and participate in community and trade ally professional organizations, and other functions as prescribed by supervisor, both inside and outside of working hours. Requires the ability to travel. Requires the ability to pursue a continuous program of self-development both inside and outside of work hours in furthering his/her knowledge to develop in the job and accept increasing responsibilities. Require the ability to assist in developing and implementing strategic plans related to residential members and trade ally stakeholders, and to analyze and evaluate the results attributed to the plan. Require the skills necessary to organize and coordinate formal written and verbal communication and sales presentations. Require excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and relate to members, builders, developers, trade ally stakeholders, consulting engineers, and other individuals associated with residential development.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND CONDITIONS:
Reports to: District Manager
Internal: Actively participates within the Cooperative team environment to develop those supportive relationships essential to the success of the functions of this position, achieving the results expected and encouraging throughout the organization the concepts of teamwork and Cooperative spirit.
External: Develops and maintains supportive relationships with member-consumers, trade allies, the general public, and other external contacts to assure that satisfactory results are achieved.
This position is primarily sedentary work; requires visual acuity in machine operation (including inspection), ability to hear, talk, and perform repetitive motions; and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The following are the essential duties of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the needs of Jackson Electric Membership Corporation.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
MARKETING/MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
1. Provide input and assistance in developing the Cooperative's strategic marketing and sales plans relating to residential members.
2. Assist in the implementation of the Cooperative's residential member service and sales efforts.
3. Maintain good working relationships with appropriate area members, builders, developers, HVAC and insulation contractors, and related organizations.
4. Develop, maintain and actively pursue business relationships with assigned contractor networks which support existing programs and services.
5. Foster the development of professional relationships with local civic and trade ally professionals
6. Assist members with energy usage by providing in-home energy audits, and solutions through existing programs and services.
7. Provide for the communication of information between district and corporate managers concerning assigned residential members.
8. Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Georgia Territorial Act, Jackson EMC rates, and Jackson EMC's service territory.
9. Organize and coordinate marketing presentations to assigned community groups and organizations, as well as the distribution of related information necessary to provide service and energy education.
10. Coordinate and provide requested technical information to members and trade allies while utilizing appropriate Cooperative personnel and resources.
11. Coordinate and perform energy audits and analyses with recommendations on energy management techniques; investigate and resolve billing inquiries as required or directed.
12. Represent the Cooperative with allied builder, contractor, and developers organizations as directed.
13. Prepare and assist in the development of marketing communication materials designed for residential members.
14. Maintain close working relationships with appropriate community organizations designed to promote member education and especially energy education.
15. Maintain continuous study of established and new developments in the residential energy usage field.
16. Maintain a working knowledge of the Cooperative's service rules and regulations, as well as the Cooperative’s various rate schedules and service charges.
17. Assist in the development of department or district work plans and budgets.
18. Provide support and assistance relating to the overall member services efforts as required or directed.
19. Be familiar with and follow the best safety practices set forth in the Cooperative’s Safety Manual.
20. Attend and participate in Annual Meeting as required or directed.
21. Actively participate in community activities and clubs as well as youth and adult groups and organizations as directed.
22. Perform such other duties as required or directed.
This position requires residency in or relocation to (Gwinnett) County.
Jackson EMC Equal Opportunity Employer