JACKSON ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION
Engineering InternshipGwinnett District
This posting is to fill one internship
I. POSITION OBJECTIVES
To provide Staking support through computer applications, data acquisition, maintenance procedures, and record keeping to the District Engineering Department for the purpose of establishing and maintaining a reliable and efficient electric distribution system.
II. Position requirements
EDUCATION: Must be enrolled in an accredited school, pursuing either an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field.
EXPEREINCE: Experience with basic engineering concepts and windows operating systems similar to those used at Jackson EMC is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE: Must possess a basic working knowledge of windows operating systems and similar systems to adequately enter data as instructed. Basic mathematical and engineering aptitude in order to carry out basic job related instructions.
SKILLS: Must have the ability to accomplish the following: navigation of Outage Management System, locate and look up information as instructed, clearly communicate and ability to follow instructions/directions.
Reports to: District Engineering Supervisor or designeeDirects: None
Internal: Shall foster the development of those supportive relationships essential to the fulfilling of the functions of this position, achieving the results expected and encouraging throughout the organization the concepts of teamwork and cooperative spirit.
External: Shall maintain supportive relationships with member consumers, the general public and other contacts to assure that satisfactory results are achieved.
Physical activity of the position: Hearing, talking, repetitive motions.
Physical requirements: Sedentary work.
Visual Acuity: Machine operator (including inspections).
Conditions: Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The employee is encouraged to use initiative and sound business judgment in working for the best interests of the Cooperative. This position description is not intended to restrict but to give direction and guidance for each employee in defining and performing his or her job. The employee is encouraged to use initiative and sound business judgment in working for the best interests of the Cooperative. This position description is not intended to restrict anyone but to give direction and guidance for each employee in defining and performing his or her job. The essential duties of this position do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the business needs of Jackson Electric Membership Corporation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
IV. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
To fulfill the objectives of the position the employee so designated shall have full and complete authority to carry out the responsibilities assigned to this position, making all decisions necessary within the limits of approved budgets, policies, and system practices.
Essential functions of the job:
1. Assist in gathering field notes to develop construction work orders.
2. Coordinate, schedule, and assist in construction work order inspections.
3. Create and maintain database and spreadsheet applications as required for the purpose of providing system engineering support internally and externally.
4. Draw construction work orders in the company software system.
5. Participate in special projects requiring technical ability and support.
6. Reconcile work orders and verify proper material accounting.
7. Provide necessary assistance to engineers in maintaining company Engineering Manuals and districts one-lines.
8. Enter locate tickets using the 811 center’s current software.
9. Assist warehouse during inventory times.
10. Provide support for the Outage Management System as needed and available during extended outages.
11. Be familiar with and follow the best safety practices set forth in the Cooperative's Safety Manual.
12. Attend job training and safety meetings as required or directed.
13. Attend and participate in annual meeting as needed and available.14. Perform other duties as may be required or directed.