JACKSON ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION
High School Intern
POSITION OBJECTIVES: To provide prompt, efficient, and courteous clerical and record keeping services in a manner which will achieve the objectives of the department and the Cooperative; to promote teamwork and cooperation in accordance with the mission statement.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS:All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
EDUCATION: Require current enrollment and attendance at partnering High School. Require to be enrolled with patterning High School's work study program and have approval of program administer in order to qualify for this position.
EXPEREINCE: Experience with computer systems, similar to those at Jackson EMC is preferred. KNOWLEDGE: Must possess a solid basic working knowledge of computer systems, finance or accounting or risk management practices.SKILLS: Must have the ability to accomplish the following: scan, proofing, filing, data entry and reconciling balance sheets, effective communication and ability to follow instructions/directions.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND CONDITIONS:
Reports to: District Engineering Supervisor
Coordinates or Cooperates with:
Internal: Shall foster the development of those supportive relationships essential to the fulfilling of the functions of the position, achieving the results expected and encouraging throughout the organization the concepts of teamwork and cooperative spirit.
External: Shall maintain supportive relationships with member-consumers, the general public, and other external contacts to assure that satisfactory results are achieved.
Physical activity of the position: Repetitive motions, hearing, talking.
Physical requirements: Sedentary work.
Visual Acuity: Inspections
Conditions: Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The following are the essential duties of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the business needs of Jackson Electric Membership Corporation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
1. Utilize JEMC accounting software for data entry, review, auditing, and tracking as related to work orders and warehouse materials as required or directed.
2. Provide support and assistance for the designated department. Provide communication needs and requirements from both an internal and external standpoint as required or directed.
3. Maintain files if required by department.4. Provide support in the department that may include preparation of documents such as updating database records, document merging, typing, mailing, and recording.
5. Maintain office supplies, call for service and maintenance of office equipment, and maintain accurate records of calls.
6. Prepare monthly reports.
7. Provide assistance during emergency outages as required or directed.
8. Attend and participate in annual meeting as required or directed.
9. Be familiar with and follow the best safety practices set forth in the Cooperative’s Safety Manual.
10. Perform such other activities or duties as required or directed.
Jackson EMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer