JACKSON ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION
Information Technology, Corporate-Jefferson, GA
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Jackson EMC has a high interest in priority referrals of protected veterans for our job openings.
There is one (1) Full Time openingJackson EMC
Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION OBJECTIVES: To serve as a bridge between business functional areas and information technology; to understand and assist in documenting cross-functional business work flows and procedures in order to facilitate their integration with technology; to act as a liaison among cross-functional stakeholders, analyzing business needs and facilitating implementation of technology solutions which align with comprehensive corporate strategic goals; to coordinate and deliver support services for technology solutions in partnership with technology providers; to provide data and reporting services; and to communicate in a team oriented environment in accordance with the vision, mission, and values of the Cooperative.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
EDUCATION: Require Bachelor’s degree in information technology field, or unrelated Bachelor’s degree plus four (4) years’ experience implementing, configuring, managing, and supporting enterprise-wide software systems. Prefer professional certifications in project management and business analysis.
EXPERIENCE: Require a minimum of five (5) years progressive experience, preferably in the electric utility industry, with end user aspects of enterprise level information technology systems. At a minimum, the most recent three (3) years experience must have included implementing, configuring, managing, and supporting enterprise-wide software systems. Require experience with documentation of business processes and the integration of technology to improve efficiency.
KNOWLEDGE: Require knowledge of standard business practices and utilization of technology to solve business problems. Require a solid knowledge of computer systems, report writing and other information access techniques. Specific knowledge should include systems terminology, operating systems capabilities, desktop client tools, database and information modeling concepts, data access techniques and application software configuration. Require knowledge of the principles and practices in the area of information technology system implementation, configuration, and support. Prefer knowledge of electric utility industry.
SKILLS: Require effective leadership skills, excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to work in a team environment; requires excellent planning and organizing skills; require ability to assess cross-functional business needs, analyze effectiveness of business processes, and facilitate translation into technology solutions which align with the overall corporate strategy and vision; must be fluent in Microsoft Office; require the ability to master end user software applications, including configuration and deployment.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND CONDITIONS:
Reports to Director, Business Technology Solutions
Internal: Actively participates within the Cooperative team environment to develop supportive relationships essential to the success of the functions of this position and to the overall Cooperative spirit.
External: Develops and maintains supportive relationships with member/consumers, the general public, and other external contacts to assure positive results.
This position is primarily sedentary work; requires visual acuity in machine operation with inspection; requires ability to hear, talk, and perform repetitive motions, and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The following are the essential duties of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the needs of Jackson Electric Membership Corporation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment document.
1. Maintains an intuitive understanding of technology within a data-driven culture, and a comprehensive knowledge of information technologies and business solutions in use at the Cooperative.
2. Maintains thorough and up-to-date knowledge of information technology trends, system software and end user technology tools and solutions.
3. Provides discovery, implementation, and support services for business software solutions which support both short term and long term goals of the Cooperative.
4. Consults with stakeholders, evaluates business needs, translate needs into specifications, and facilitates identification of appropriate technical solutions.
5. Provides project management services to effectively manage, develop, implement, and maintain software technology solutions.
6. Review priorities with Director of Business Technology Solutions and keep him/her informed of the status of all current projects.
7. Coordinates with IT personnel on hardware requirements for software solutions.
8. Facilitates tier-1 support services for business software solutions, interconnectivity between systems, and end user functionality and interfaces.
9. Maintains relationships with third party software vendors.
10. Provides data extraction, analysis, and report writing services across functional area systems.
11. Ensures familiarity with and follows the best safety practices set forth in the Cooperative’s Safety Manual.
12. Attends and participates in the Annual Meeting, as required or directed.
13. Performs such other duties as may be required or directed.
Jackson EMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer